Although membership dues support the NOGLSTP Bulletin and a very modest outreach program, we depend on additional donations to support some of our current program goals:
- Host a reception at each of the annual meetings of AAAS, ACS, FACEB, IEEE, SWE, and SACNAS.
- Support our Annual Recognition Awards program.
- Support our mentoring program for LGBT science/engineering students.
- Support a traveling educational exhibit featuring queer scientists of historical note.
- Support Out to Innnovate Career Summit for LGBT people in STEM. Learn More.
- Support our scholarship fund. Learn more.
- Fund NOGLSTP representative travel to Out and Equal conferences, E-Week Diversity Council meetings, and NOGLSTP-sponsored symposia, receptions and outreach events.
- Fund start-up expenses for local NOGLSTP chapters.
NOGLSTP is a 501c3 educational organization, so any donation you give to us is tax-deductible. You can let us decide how best to use your donation, or you can restrict it for use on a specific project. For your records, our tax ID number is 95-4358685, and this link leads to a copy of our IRS determination letter.
Ways to make a donation
On-line with a credit card. You can make donations on-line, through JustGive.org, through GuideStar via Network for Good, Razoo, or through PayPal. JustGive.org is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with charities and causes. GuideStar connects people with nonprofit information, and uses NetworkforGood as their donation processor. Razoo is on on-line donation portal committed to supporting grass roots charitable campaigns. PayPal is our internet provider of credit card transactions. To make an on-line donation through any of these gateways, follow the links below. All payment gateways subtract a modest transaction processing fee from the donated amount.
Donate via PayPal
Donate Stock. Consider donating stock that has appreciated in value. This is a win-win move. Donate stock and you won’t have to pay capital gains taxes on the profits, and the full value of the stock can be deducted as a charitable donation. Instruct your broker to transfer the stock to National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals, Inc., Charles Schwab & Co account #6160-9599, DTC # 0164. Contact the NOGLSTP office for further information.
Payroll Deduction. Designate NOGLSTP as a beneficiary on your regular charitable (e.g., United Way) payroll deductions. See if your employer will match the donated funds.
Planned Giving. Designate NOGLSTP as a beneficiary of your life insurance or retirement assets; bequeath a gift to NOGLSTP from your estate via will or living trust.
Indirectly. Donate your old car, truck, RV or motorcycle to Cars 4 Causes and designate NOGLSTP as the beneficiary charity. Cars for Causes sells the car, then sends NOGLSTP a check.
Write a Check.You are welcome to mail us a check at any time: NOGLSTP, PO Box 91803, Pasadena CA 91109. Download this form to send with your donation.
More about Supporting NOGLSTP: