Out to Innovate is a two-day career summit for LGBTQ students, faculty and professionals in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, held every other year. Established in 2010, this has become NOGLSTP’s signature event. Out to Innovate 2014 will be hosted by Georgia Tech in Atlanta, the first or second weekend of November. We are pleased to announce that NOGLSTP’s Out to Innovate 2014 will be a joint event with oSTEM’s 4th National Conference.
The most recent Out to Innovate was hosted by Ohio State University’s oSTEM in Columbus OH, October 13-14, 2012. Out to Innovate 2012 featured
- Keynote address by MIT Professor of Astrophysics Dr. Nergis Mavalvala, 2010 MacArthur “Genius Grant” Recipient
- Motivational Speaker: Kei Koizumi, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Workshop sessions on: Leadership and Your Community, Your STEM Interests, and Your Career
- Gala dinner with the NOGLSTP Recognition Awards ceremony
- Career fair with recruiters and resume writing workshop
- Poster session
To see a slide show of some past event photos, follow this link. To see all photos and videos from past events, visit the Out to Innovate website past events page.
For more information about Out to Innovate, follow this link.
More about Programs: