Out to Innovate™ is a biennial cross-generational summit that provides an educational and supportive environment for career development and enrichment for LGBTQI students, academics, and career professionals in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields. Established in 2010, this has become NOGLSTP’s signature event. Out to Innovate™ 2014 will be hosted by Georgia Tech in Atlanta, November 8-9. This year, NOGLSTP’s Out to Innovate™ 2014 will be a joint event with oSTEM’s 4th National Conference. Register to Attend Now. Submit a poster proposal (deadline Sept 5, 2014).
What to expect at the NOGLSTP Out to Innovate™ 2014 / oSTEM 4th National Conference joint meeting:
Pre-Conference (Friday Nov 7): Tours of Georgia Tech, Centers for Disease Control, and Coca-Cola Museum; Google Hackathon
Conference (Saturday Nov 8 – Sunday Nov 9; 8am-4pm):
- Motivational Address
- Keynote Address
- Workshops on: Leadership and Your Community, Gender Identity and Gender Expression in the STEM Workplace, Career Paths, Resume Writing; student centered programming, affinity-groups, flash presentations, and more
- Out and Accomplished: Featured Speakers Panel and Discussion
- Saturday night Recognition Awards Gala Dinner
- Poster Session – Undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students are encouraged to submit posters of their work/studies for viewing during the summit and discussion during the closing reception.
- Career Opportunity Fair; Interview Opportunities for employment
Join us for an unforgetable weekend of learning, sharing, and mentoring. Follow this link to learn more and register for the conference.
For more information about Out to Innovate, including photos and videos from past events, follow this link.
More about Programs: