National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals presents “Out to Innovate™ 2019”, a two-day career summit for LGBTQ+ students, faculty, and professionals in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Join us March 16-17, 2019 at the University of Southern California campus in Los Angeles CA for a weekend of sharing, mentoring, learning, workshops, poster session, and career resources.
What to expect at this event:
- Keynote Speaker: David Bohnett (founder of GeoCities.com)
- Motivational addresses: Kei Koizumi, AAAS
- “Out and Accomplished” panel, featuring: Ron Buckmire, Mark Schuster, Arianna Morales, Vlada Stamenkovic, Julia Bradsher, moderated by Shirley Jahad
- Plenary: LGBTQ+ Portrayal in Arts and Media, featuring: Alexandra Billings, Christian Clemenson, Mikki del Monico, moderated by JP Karliak
- Plenary: LGBTQ+ in STEM Demographics by Jeremy Yoder and Allison Mattheis
- Plenary: LGBTQ+ Health Initiatives, featuring: Sheree Schrager, Cary Klemmer, Ankur Srivastava, John Senese, Brian Digan, Joe Rissacher, moderated by Jeremy Goldbach
- Workshops on leadership, professional development, professional involvement, work/life balance, mentoring and more!
- Career Expo with Sponsors, Recruiters
- Research Poster Session, Research Flash Presentation and selected oral presentations from the poster session
- Networking, Mentoring, Recruiting
- Gala Awards Banquet, honoring current and past NOGLSTP Scholarship Recipients, and NOGLSTP’s 2019 Recognition Awardees Benny Chan, Arianna Morales, Jon Freeman, Lauren Esposito
Get inspired to participate: watch highlights from Out to Innovate 2014!